football Edit

Four-star commit takes return trip to Tech

Last weekend, four-star wide receiver Emory Blake went to Texas Tech for the second time this season. His weekend in Lubbock was bitter sweet as the Red Raider commitment would've loved to have still been busy with his S.F. Austin team.
"Our season went alright," said Blake. "I wish we could've gone a little father in the playoffs. We lost 24-20 to San Antonio Reagan in the first round and I think they're still playing. So we had an alright season."
On campus to watch Tech play Baylor, this trip was mainly so that Blake's mom could get an idea of what he saw back in October when he went on his official for the Texas game and committed shortly after.
"I wanted my mom to see it and see what she thought. That was pretty much it. We went to watch the game and had a good time. Her opinion is important to me as to where I'm going to go."
It was also an opportunity for the soon-to-be Red Raider to spend some more time with his future teammates as well.
"Everyone still treated me the same. The coaches still greeted me and treated me great. I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I just wanted to relax and hang out with some of the other players. I hung out with Cornelius Douglas. He was my host when I came on my official and we had a good time. We hung around on Saturday night and we got to hang out at his apartment. It was fun."
During the game against the Bears, Tech beat a scrappy Baylor team by one touchdown towards the end of the game. Blake saw the Red Raiders end their season with one loss for only the third time in the history of the program. That's a trend that Blake would like to help continue and become less rare.
"It's been a great season. I wish we could've done a little better on the OU game. But it's one of the best seasons we've had in a while and hopefully we can keep it going. That's what I'm looking forward to help accomplish."
His mother didn't have any complaints about the quick stop in West Texas except for the fact that they wished they could've been there longer.
"She didn't get to see as much as we wanted her to because we were only there for one day and had to drive back Sunday morning. She wanted to talk to the coaches a little more and that's why we wanted to get her up there."
Blake and his family will have a great opportunity to speak to the Tech coaching staff as their scheduled to be in his home later this week.